The short version ⏳
We need someone who we can count on to:
Teach: How to build tooling and processes that ensure the best possible maintainability, deployment times, and latency.
Learn: How to hack into popular SPA-frameworks, architect integrations resilient to minor style changes, optimize loading speeds, and configure Machine Learning algorithms to function in their best environment.
Improve: Efficiency and robustness of integrations operating inside evolving environments.
Depict.ai is bringing Amazon-quality product recommendations to every single e-commerce store globally — creating equal opportunity to withstand the anti-competitive environment Amazon imposes.
Our team consists of a few highly motivated people, who care about building the best recommendation system in the world. We understand if you don't just want take our word for it, so here are some other cool people who believe in us: we are a YC-backed company, with a list of investors that include Initialized, EQT, Northzone and 20 other awesome investors.
If this sparks your interest, we want to hear from you! We work hard (think sprinting through a marathon), play fair, and go all in. Could you be our next game changer?
The role 🏗️
What you will be building:
We expect you to know:
Nice to have
- Tracking and analytics
- Cloud computing (AWS, GCP or Azure)
Within 1 month we expect you to:
- Understand the ins and outs of why we're approaching our integrations as we do.
- Have talked with existing clients to understand their pain points.
- Get to know our existing Deployment Engineer's and how they're using our framework at the moment.
- Build out 3-5 integrations yourself to get a sense of how our existing frameworks work.
Within 3 months we expect you to:
- Iteratively make data pipelines faster and more efficient.
- Contribute to a functional low-code point-and-click interface that sets up tracking and analytics automatically for most sites (~80-90% coverage).
- Contribute to a functional low-code WYSIWYG-interface where one can reliably style and inject widgets into almost any site (~80-90% coverage).
- Make major improvements on top of existing framework that scrape high amounts of e-commerce data every day from multiple sites. Highly resilient against anti-bot and style changes.
- Contribute to framework for visual automated tests that can verify that our integrations are working as expected.
Within 6 months we expect you to:
- Develop framework to support a higher variety of widget types and functionality (search, category listing, pop ups, e.t.c).
- Increased efficiency of internal tools to sustain a low amount of deployment engineers while exponentially increasing the amount of customers joining our platform.
- Refine software to make as much as possible towards self-serve.
Within 12 months we expect you to:
- Build out sufficient amount of tooling and support to be able to provide a no-code self-serve solution to integrate with Depict.ai, agnostic to which e-commerce platform it's using.
- Start exploring ways to increase our product offering and upsell customers to not only show product recommendations on e-commerce pages.