Do you want to join a fast-paced startup and work on the bleeding edge of recommendation systems, where your work immediately impacts the user experience for millions of users? We are looking for a Data Engineer who thrives in a fast-moving environment.
Depict is on a mission to challenge Amazon's domination of e-commerce. We connect customers and retailers over a shared love for great products, by making e-commerce product discovery a breeze from start to finish. We want retailers with the best products, not the largest budgets, to win. We use computer vision and natural language processing to truly understand the product and provide state of the art product recommendations.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests every month on some of the largest e-commerce sites in Europe and are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Initialized and EQT Ventures.
How will I make an impact?
- Build and maintain data pipelines that reliably handle large data volumes related to millions of products and consumers.
- Creating and improving tooling to deploy, introspect and monitor our data pipeline systems to constantly make them better.
What skills do I need?
- Passionate about building great products and software affecting millions of users
- Proficient in GCP data engineering stack (including BigQuery, Airflow, PubSub, Cloud Functions, Dataflow, Kubernetes)
- Experienced in working in mature data engineering codebases
- Comfortable wrangling data with both SQL and CLI tools
You'll love Depict!
You will join a humble team with the drive to build something great. From reading the latest ML conference papers to trying to motivate writing a service in Rust, we are laser-focused on doing everything we can to move Depict forward. With backgrounds ranging from Google, Uber and CERN to self-taught programmers, we are united by our passion for building a great product.
We think big but start small when solving problems, delivering value first and iterating rapidly until we have something great.
Everyone at Depict gives and appreciates honest, constructive feedback and we have a radically candid culture that helps us all grow and improve rapidly.
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity
- 4000 SEK in annual wellness allowance
- 25 paid vacation days
- Opportunity to grow in your role rapidly
- Work from our office in Stockholm or remotely
- Monthly co-working allowance if remote-based
- Company laptop
- Help with relocation
- Fun Quarterly off-sites
Disclaimer: The benefits may alter depending on the country you are working from.
We look forward to hearing from you, and best of luck!