What is Depict?
Depict is on a mission to challenge Amazon's domination of e-commerce. We connect customers and retailers over a shared love for great products, by making e-commerce product discovery a breeze from start to finish. We want retailers with the best products, not the largest budgets, to win.
We are one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Europe and are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Initialized, and EQT Ventures.
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a Financial Manager, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
This is one of the first finance hires at Depict, which gives the opportunity to come in and build a great foundation without much legacy. There is a first version of processes and routines set in place, however, the person we hire is expected to pick these apart, improve them and develop new ones.
During the first year, ~30% of this role will be operations-centric. Some examples of operations tasks could be; system implementation projects, support company-wide OKR planning, optimization of payroll process, and various other operations projects. The Financial Manager will team up with the Operations Manager for these tasks, however, ~9-12 months into the employment, the operations centric part of the role is expected to be minimal (ongoing iteration and improvement of finance practices will of course still be needed).
This role is a great opportunity for someone with experience in financial controlling, who wants to put acquired finance skills to the test while learning more about a fast-growing tech company’s operations.
How you will make an impact
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct preparation of budget, financial forecasts, business activity reports and analyzing of variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Review company financial reports and seek ways to reduce costs
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting & monitor financial details to ensure that legal requirements are met
- Own correspondence with external accountants
- Own month-end and year-end close process
- Help management make financial decisions
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support execution of legal admin while helping develop processes to improve storing of documents and efficiency of legal admin
- Additional controller duties as necessary
What skills do I need?
- Proven working experience as a Financial Manager and/or Controller
- The ideal candidate probably has 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience and a degree in Accounting
- Experience in Swedish GAAP is a must (K3 preferable), experience with US GAAP is very meriting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
You'll love Depict!
You will join a humble team with the drive to build something great. We've explored thousands of e-commerce sites to ensure we find the perfect fit with our product. We've traveled across Europe to speak with (and sometimes gatecrash!) customers. In short, we're laser-focused on doing everything we can to move Depict forward. With backgrounds ranging from Cambridge, Google, Uber, and McKinsey, we are united by our passion for building and delivering a great product.
We think big but start small when solving problems, delivering value first and moving quickly until we have something great.
Everyone at Depict gives and appreciates honest, constructive feedback and we have a radically candid culture that helps us all grow and improve rapidly.
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity
- 4000 SEK in annual wellness allowance
- 25 paid vacation days
- Opportunity to grow in your role rapidly
- Work from our office in Stockholm or remotely
- Monthly co-working allowance if remote-based
- Company laptop
- Help with relocation
- Fun Quarterly off-sites
Disclaimer: The benefits may alter depending on the country you are working from.
Good luck and we look forward to your application!