In this role you would work as an extension of the CTO and together further Depict’s position as 1. a fantastic workplace, and 2. on track to become a $100bn company in record time.
If you want to become a leader at a fast growing tech company, this is arguably the best learning experience you can find. You will have full insight into details of the CTO’s work and gradually take responsibility over more and more of it.
Who are we?
Depict just raised $17m and is growing quickly. If you want to join a fast-paced startup and immediately impact the user experience for millions of users, Depict is the place to be.
We are on a mission to challenge Amazon's domination of e-commerce. We connect customers and retailers over a shared love for great products, by making e-commerce product discovery a breeze from start to finish. We want retailers with the best products, not the largest budgets, to win. We use computer vision and natural language processing to truly understand the product and provide state of the art product recommendations.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests every month on some of the largest e-commerce sites in Europe and are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Initialized and EQT Ventures.
How would you have an impact?
This role is the fast track to become a successful technical leader at any tech company.
You would have a role that would emulate what a CTO does day to day. Responsibilities would grow over time, with the ambition is that in the end you would be able to function at the same level as the CTO in most of the functions he/she performs. After a short amount of time you might find yourself delegating some of the work that you do.
You would work directly with the CTO and oversee a tech organisation of 20+ engineers, at one of Europe’s most exciting startups, and have significant impact in making Depict successful, with responsibilities including to:
- Act as sounding board for leadership team on business technology strategy and offer business perspectives on key strategic decisions
- Drive organizational technology processes and agendas
- Maintain a strategic backlog of technology topics for leadership team review
- Manage and oversee cross-functional projects and initiatives related to product/technology exploration and acceleration while ensuring technology effectiveness across business units
- Champion people initiatives in partnership with HR - oversee the CTO office planning process from an operational and staffing perspective
- Partner with finance on technology budget management, headcount management and forecasting
- Be a change agent and ensure best practices and improvements through the product lifecycle
- Develop and manage both internal and external CTO Office communications in a way that demonstrates a deep understanding of message content and impact on the intended audience
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to organizational structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
- Develop and maintain an operating model, including objectives and key results (OKRs) and critical metrics
- Develop and manage dashboards and analytics to monitor team performance indicators and help drive accountability and priorities
- Coordinate initiatives between the various functional groups
- Collaborate on content development and preparation for key forums
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has lots of empathy, stellar communication and project management skills, and thrives being involved in many initiatives across a high pace organisation.
In the role, it is important to have a startup-founder-mindset and roll up your sleeves attitude where no task is too large or small.
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity
- 4000 SEK in annual wellness allowance
- 25 paid vacation days
- Opportunity to grow in your role rapidly
- Work from our office in Stockholm or remotely
- Monthly co-working allowance if remote-based
- Company laptop
- Help with relocation
- Fun Quarterly off-sites
Disclaimer: The benefits may alter depending on the country you are working from.
Good luck and we look forward to your application!