What is Depict?
Depict recently raised $17m and is growing at more than 10% per month. If you want to join a fast-paced startup and immediately impact the user experience for millions of people together with an incredibly high-performing team, Depict is the place to be.
We are on a mission to challenge Amazon's domination of e-commerce. We connect customers with products that they will love, by making e-commerce product discovery a delight. Using computer vision and natural language processing, we truly understand the product collection and provide state of the art recommendations, search, category listing and merchandising.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests every month on some of the largest e-commerce sites in Europe and are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Initialized and EQT Ventures.
What's the opportunity?
This job is an opportunity to become the first product hire in an organization of currently 40+ employees. This will mean that you'll have an immense impact from day one, work closely with the founders (CEO & CTO) and our hugely talented team (including multiple programming champions).
The product vision for Depict is immense. We see a tectonic shift in how Ecommerce will look in the coming years as the predictive power behind recommendation algorithms continues to improve. The traditional Ecommerce mail-order layout is transforming into a highly personalised experience like TikTok or Pinterest. We'd love for you to own, refine and deliver on our vision within this new world.
As a Lead Product Manager, you need to be willing to get your hands dirty in executing on our product vision while being able to zoom out and see the whole picture. Today, we have brilliant, product-oriented engineers. We need you to establish processes and a product culture to leverage our talent in the best possible way.
How will I make an impact?
You would own leading and building a highly effective product organization at a successful startup.
Key questions to solve include:
- Should we prioritise building an even stronger moat in our original offering (product recommendations), or focus on building out our full product discovery suite?
- Should we focus our product efforts on improving our bottom-line revenue uplift, or focus on the quality of the user's online experience?
- Work closely with the founders (CEO & CTO) to refine and execute on our long-term product vision.
- Clarify our ambitions into a well-understood short-term, mid-term, and long-term product roadmap and vision.
- Facilitate product discovery by talking to customers and assessing the competitive landscape
- Collaborate with the go-to-market team on questions such as pricing, market positioning, etc
- Define the product vision from the ground up, working alongside our engineers to deliver on our product roadmap
What will make me a great fit?
- 2-3 years of Product Manager experience
- Experience within e-commerce enablement software or product discovery solutions
- Experience in machine learning or analytics
- Proven experience in launching products from zero to one in unstructured environments.
- Superb communication skills, particularly written
- Focused, results-oriented, decisive
- Epitome of our values: Insatiable drive, Egoless Mindset, Value First, Customer Obsessed
- Work well within an async, remote first, written culture
You'll love Depict
You will join a humble team with the drive to build something great. From reading the latest ML conference papers to understanding the internals of web browsers, we are laser-focused on doing everything we can to move Depict forward. With backgrounds ranging from Google, Uber and CERN to self-taught programmers, we are united by our passion for building a great product.
We think big but start small when solving problems and iterating rapidly until we have something great.
Everyone at Depict gives and appreciates honest, constructive feedback and we are forming a culture where you can thrive and improve rapidly.
- Competitive salary and significant equity
- Work from our office in Stockholm or remotely from any timezone within 2 hours of Central European Time (we will cover the costs of a co-working space in your city and offer an expense to help set up your home office)
- $400/4000 SEK in annual wellness allowance
- 25 paid vacation days
- Opportunity to grow rapidly in your role
- Company Macbook
- Help with relocation, if applicable
- Fun Quarterly off-sites
We look forward to hearing from you, and best of luck!