What is Depict?
Depict recently raised $17m and is growing fast. If you want to join a fast-paced startup and immediately impact the user experience for millions of people together with an incredibly high-performing team, Depict is the place to be.
We are on a mission to challenge Amazon's domination of e-commerce. We connect customers with products that they will love, by making e-commerce product discovery a delight. Using computer vision and natural language processing, we truly understand the product collection and provide state of the art recommendations, search, category listing and merchandising.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests every month on some of the largest e-commerce sites in Europe and are backed by some of the world's most renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Initialized and EQT Ventures.
What's the opportunity?
This job is an opportunity to lead the UX in an organization of currently 40+ employees. This will mean that you'll have an immense impact from day one, work closely with the founders (CEO & CTO), Lead Product Manager, and our uncompromisingly talented team.
The product vision for Depict is vast. We see a tectonic shift in how Ecommerce will look in the coming years, as the predictive power behind recommendation algorithms continues to improve. The traditional Ecommerce mail-order layout is transforming into a highly personalised experience like TikTok or Pinterest.
As a Lead UX, we'd love for you to own, refine and deliver the UX of this future. You will get to drive and shape the design process all the way from research, problem definition, wireframes and prototypes to finished product.
How will I make an impact?
You would play a key part in leading and building a highly effective product organization at a successful startup, reaching millions of users every day.
- Work closely with the lead product manager to execute on our product vision by setting the design language and visual identity of Depict
- Own delivering a great user experience in the Depict Portal, which is what merchants use to interact with the entire Depict system, by iterating fast on user research and execution
- Facilitate product discovery thought leadership by talking to customers, assessing the competitive landscape and drive vision into execution
- Collaborate with Depict’s customer-facing team on UI/UX making our customers' end-user experience drastically better
What will make me a great fit?
- At least 2-3 years of UX/UI experience
- High proficiency in Sketch / Figma or equivalent
- Track record of working with developers to deliver finished products (Technical understanding is a plus)
- Experience within e-commerce, product discovery and/or SaaS
- Willingness to work in a lean organization, being comfortable being the only person with a strong design-background in the company
- Epitome of our values: Insatiable drive, Egoless Mindset, Value First, Customer Obsessed
- Work well within an async, remote first, written culture
You'll love Depict
You will join a humble team with the drive to build something great. From reading the latest ML conference papers to understanding the internals of web browsers, we are laser-focused on doing everything we can to move Depict forward. With backgrounds ranging from Google, Uber and CERN to self-taught programmers, we are united by our passion for building a great product.
We think big but start small when solving problems and iterating rapidly until we have something great.
Everyone at Depict gives and appreciates honest, constructive feedback and we are forming a culture where you can thrive and improve rapidly.
- Competitive salary and significant equity
- Work from our office in Stockholm or remotely from any timezone within 2 hours of Central European Time (we will cover the costs of a co-working space in your city and offer an expense to help set up your home office)
- $400/4000 SEK in annual wellness allowance
- 25 paid vacation days
- Opportunity to grow rapidly in your role
- Company Macbook
- Help with relocation, if applicable
- Fun Quarterly off-sites